Thursday, January 7, 2010

Back in the Saddle Again!

Ok. It's been a few months since I've posted here. I guess you could say that wandered off the path A LOT!!! I gained back all the weight I had lost plus more. The holidays didn't help any. I got depressed. I had a lot of family issues that contributed to the problem.

However, I'm back again! I have decided to not do Weight Watchers. Best decision of my life, I think. I have decided to do the eating plan that I am learning more about in my schooling. I eat gobs and gobs of leafy greens then some fresh fruit, whole grains and some nuts and seeds. I try to eat what the Mother Earth provides naturally.

The real journey started on Monday the 4th (that would be four days ago). The first day was great because the first day is always great. Then the second and third day sucked. I was depressed and wanted desperately to grab onto any baked goods or something with sugar. Of course, that was my bratty rebellious body throwing a temper tantrum.

Today I feel stronger. I am enjoying my green smoothie and just had my weight loss tea that I made this morning with carrot, daikon, shoyu, umbeoshi plum and nori. Sounds gross but it tasted great. I am about to have a breakfast of rice and wheat with some raisins and walnuts! Yum!!! Yes, my taste buds are changing and my body is going through the detox process. I know I have rough days ahead but my goal is to be healthy and at my ideal body weight again. I know I can do this!!!

In addition, I have been pulling myself out of bed and actually getting in action again. I have run every morning this week (which is an improvement over the one or two days a week previous). I'm trying to amp up my yoga practice again (although yesterday was pathetic at best).

I love my body and I love the earth and I want to do what is best for both of us. I am being kind to my body by nourishing it with good foods and I am being kind to Mother Earth by eating the plants that She has provided for us and leaving the animals alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment